2012-09-24

Intel Rapid Storage Technology not working on Server 2008 R2 (Intel RST service is not running)


Intel Rapid Storage Technology software icon in taskbar reports this error. If you try to start the service "Intel Rapid Storage Technology" manually you'll probably encounter another error: "Windows could not start the Intel Rapid Storage Technology service on Local Computer. Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly."
Adding .NET Framework 3.5.1 features  under Features in Server Manager fixed this for me.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous18.11.12

    Thanks!!!!
    This Solved the Problem in win 7 x64!
    (I spent one whole day looking for solution)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5.6.13

    You saved my day, thanks a bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous27.3.14

    Thank you. This was the answer I was looking for. - I did not need the .Net HTTP or NON-HTTP sub-components, and I did need to manually start the Intel Rapid Storage service after enabling .Net.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ThanhHuynh3.6.14

    thanks so much. it worked for me

    ReplyDelete