2012-09-24

Excel 2007 - There was a problem sending the command to the program


If you get this message "There was a problem sending the command to the program" when double clicking on excel files, but can launch excel itself, then you should try this solution.
1. Start Excel
2. Click on the Excel logo on the top left
3. Choose Excel Options
4. Select Advanced tab on the left menu
5. Scroll down to the "General" section
6. Uncheck Ignore other application that use Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE) option
7. Click OK, and try opening excel files again.

1 comment:

  1. I have also faced this error when I double clicked on Excel file (employees_list.xls). I have tried method which is mentioned in this post. But still problem not resolve. I was so worried because the file data is so crucial, 250+ Employees data stored in this file. To resolve this issue I have used Stellar Repair for Excel software and within few clicks my issue get resolved. I recommend to use this software if you face this type of issue.
    You can visit here: https://www.stellarinfo.com/repair-excel-file.php

    ReplyDelete